Come join us in one of our great Vancouver hostels - C&N at 927 Main Street and Central Station at 1038 Main Street. Both Vancouver hostels offer great value and convenient locations that are close to Vancouver's many activities and attractions.
C&N Backpackers Hostel - Vancouver
927 Main Street
reception closes at 11pm
Double room (QUEEN bed)
rates as of May 1. 2014
RATES as of June 1
DORM BEDS :
we offer rooms with either 3 or 4 beds/ male or female dorms. If you wish to stay in a co ed room let us know
rates as of May 1. 2014
rates as of June 1
*please note all rates don't include taxes
recent comments FROM OUR GUEST BOOK:
1. Here we are and it's time to leave this place, thank you for everything, for being so amazing, and for being with me on this adventure! I'll miss you all so much. UN BACIO helena.
2. We arrive in this hostel, people here are amazing, and everyone is helping us a lot. Big thanks to everyone. Martino and Julian from Croatia.
3. C and n backpackers-- nice place, cool people, always relaxed staff and a lot or fun.Thanks you guys. M from Hamburg.
4. A nice warm and quiet place, especially after travelling for 48 hrs! Thanks Erich and Vivian.
5. I loved the atmosphere, especially the staff, everyone was friendly and receptive. At first glance I was not very fond of the neighborhood, but now that I'm leaving Vancouver, I feel like there is something missing. Loved staying with you, and I hope to see you soon. Henrique (Brazil).
6. 927 Main st. c&n backpackers is Awesome! Will stay again! Thanks for the good times! B/M Mckenna.
7. Thanks to all the staff that were kind and welcoming. Veronique.
8. Third time here, was awesome. Coming back soon-thanks. Sonja.
9. I had a really good stay, and everyone was really nice. Thanks Jason.
10. To the wonderfull staff at c&n backpackers hostel: I can't emphasize enough how amazing this place is! Clean, comfortable,casual....yet still professional. You provided a haven for me so unexpectedly. Thanks John.
11. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay! Lovely homey atmosphere and friendly, accommodating staff. Emily (oxford,U.K.).
12. Thank you so much for making our stay in Vancouver such a pleasant one! Well done c&n, and keep up the good work! Aaron,Robert,Alice, Assel,Maria, Jacob,Emily,and Maggie. University college condor model united nations society.
13. We really enjoyed our stay. Very hospitable and warm. The bunk beds and in room sink were unexpected and delightful! Thank you. Lindsay and Jeremy (Kamloops).
14. Fantastic as always! 4 years in a row & counting. Thanks guys.
15. Great hostel, very friendly, helpfull and knowledgable staff. Cora.
16. Thanks for everything! See you soon again. Sara and Oskar, Sweden.
17. Thanks for having me here, very nice and cosy. CHEERS.
18. Thank you for everything, I had a very good time in your hostel-very welcoming atmosphere! Annemarie-Germany.
19. Very good sleeps here and cool roomies. Dustin.
20. It was a great stay here, very nice and helpful staff. Thanks so much, and I will be back in a couple of months. Patrizia from Italy.
21. Thanks, what a wonderful stay for 3 nights! I am happy to see the staff and friends all over the world. Yuko from Japan.
22. Thanks for 3 good days. Enjoyed, and hope to return. David from U.S.A.
23. Had a lovely time here with awesome people,many thanks.
24. Thank you for having our group to stay. Simone was a great help-our favorite member of the staff. YAH canada. Natalie.
25. Very good stay here! If I come back, I will stay here.
26. Thanks for a great stay. Robin and Lynn.
27.C'etait vairement propre, les personals etait gentil et je vais recommeder cet hostel a mes amis. Sephanie, Paris, France.
28. zentral gelegen aber trozdem ruhig, Ich hab bestens geschlafen.. A from Hamburg
Very helpful staff and its very clean- enjoyed my stay here J. from Newfoundland
29.I stayed at your hostel for 4 nights almost 3 weeks ago, and I enjoyed my time there (even if I was in a terrible jet leg!).
I really appreciated the friendly and lovely staff, wich was the best I ever found in my backpacker career!
I was wondering if would be possible to join you, maybe for a part time job.
30. I am a Second timer. I would like to stay 2 weeks or longer if possible. Great place to stay and in good location for me, thats why I\'m re-checking in. :) j. from Canada
C&N Backpackers Hostel - Vancouver
1038 Main Street
Open 24 hours
Watch Virtual Tour
The Ivanhoe - by Vancouver Artist LAURA ZEREBESKI
The Ivanhoe was a bar I often visited when I worked on Great Northern Way. The stylized distortion here is reminiscent of a paper bag, which is sometimes the beverage holder of choice for many of the local denizens.
I like the place. I always felt at home at the Ivanhoe. It is frequented by bike couriers as well as laborers and tradespeople and is essentially a neighborhood pub. It reminds me, still, of the many bars in Kamloops.
VIEW FROM SKYTRAIN STATION BY ARTIST: LEANNE CHRISTIE
artist: LEANNE CHRISTIE (www.leannechristie.com)
the artist painted the picture on a rainy November afternoon, view from the Mainstreet / science world exit while waiting for the skytrain.
recent guest comments:
My name's Christy, I've stayed at the Ivanhoe on Main about 4 or 5 times now and I just wanted to say thank you so much for your awesome service and friendliness every time I've stayed there, you are all so helpful.
Please pass this message on to the entire staff and let them know how great they are!!
I will definitely be back and be recommending you to all my family and friends, you all rock. You made my stay a good experience every time, I can't say enough about you. Keep up the good work you people are awesome!!! :) Jan 1. 2011
I really enjoyed my time here. This is such a friendly place and I've met so many cool people here. Thank you for giving me a place to stay for so many month. C&N will always be my home away from home in Vancouver- Jennifer
We just wanted to thank you so much for everything you've done for us while we've been here. we felt really welcome and well cared for. You've gone out of your way to make sure we've had what we've needed and it hasn't gone unnoticed. You are doing a very good job, the hostel is safe, clean, friendly and there is a committment to high standards, its a priviledge to hear you speak so well of your long term guests, there is a sense of community and mutual respect, thank you for letting us be part of it for a little while - LAURIER Urban Immersion Team
thank you so much for allowing us to stay in your hostel ... beautiful weather and wonderful accomodation made the the trip more memorable than we could have imagined- God bless we will come again - JOSH, JONNY DAVE AND CRAIG
C & N Backpackers Hostel is located in the center of Vancouver's entertainment and event district. All mega sports events like VANCOUVER CANUCKS and GIANTS hockey games, the LIONS football, ARE HELD WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE of our hostel. Likewise, all concerts and theatres like the Plaza of Nations, Queen Elizabeth Theatre and the Orpheum Theatre are only a block or so away. This vibrant area offers excellent opportunities to experience Vancouver's nightlife as well as the many festivals which take place in our fair city such as: the Dragon Boat Festival, Jazz Festival and the many diverse Trade Shows taking place throughout the year, all within walking distance, thus eliminating the need to take a taxi or public transportation.
Vancouver is one of the only cities in the world where you can go sailing in the morning and skiing in the afternoon. Some of the world's best hiking and skiing can be found around Vancouver. Whale watching, kayaking, camping and other activities can be found nearby. C&N provides a travel desk at our reception counter, where you can book a variety of tours such as eagle watching and hiking up glaciers with Nomads Explorations to backpacker bus tours and trips to Seattle with Big Foot Tours.
To experience the outdoor opportunities, we rent bicycles or scooters at the hostel for $10 a day as well as tennis racquets, which can be used to have a match on a public tennis court right behind the hostel. On a weekly basis we offer pub tours to experience and celebrate Vancouver's nightlife, or movie nights at the hostel.